SILVERWELL STREET BOLTON
"Established in 1909, the Sir James & Lady Scott Trust is able to award grants to charities based in Bolton. Trustees give priority to projects which support disadvantaged individuals and communities.
The Trust makes up to 20 charitable donations a year with grant awards ranging from £250 to £3,000. The Borough of Bolton is its beneficial area in recognition of the Scott family’s previous residence in Bolton and their strong interest in the town’s charitable work."
"In 1926 Scott House, 27 Silverwell Street was given in Memory of Sir James W Scott Bart and Lady Scott by their sons Sir Samuel H Scott Bart., and Francis C Scott. To commemorate the 21st year of the Bolton Guild of Help. The Sir James & Lady Scott Trust was set up in 1909, now operating from Kendal but funding many organisations in the Bolton area today."
.13 Silverwell Street. The two-storey building was built in 1903, as the Estate Office of the Earl of Bradford, a prominent local land owner.
“Nec Temere, Nec Timide” is a phrase in Latin, which one could translate to “neither rashly nor timidly.”
the motto of the Bridgeman family, the Earls of Bradford.
The peerage title refers to the ancient hundred of Bradford in Shropshire,
Bolton & District Hospital Saturday Council The organisation's roots go back to 1877, when it was set up in the town, after a local health service was established, to fundraise for a new infirmary. Hospital Saturday funded the facility until 1948 when the NHS took over.